Summary: In this article, we have covered everything you need to know about exporting Entourage emails to Outlook on Mac. We have lined up a manual technique and also proposed a professional alternative to get the job done. Keep reading to know more.
Microsoft Entourage is old. It is outdated and discontinued. There are a lot of issues with Entourage, particularly security-related. But it is still used. It still has a decent number of users. When it was announced that Entourage was to be closed and replaced by Outlook for Mac, most users shifted to Outlook. It was easy to do as well since Outlook had the option to import Entourage database. But that has changed with time. The very first version of Outlook for Mac which had the import functionality is not available with Office anymore. It doesn’t even receives updates or support. And any user with sane mind wouldn’t even consider using it is outdated as well.
All of this makes the Entourage to Outlook Mac migration a complicated process. But with a little help from technology, this problem can be solved as well. And that’s exactly what this article is about. So, let us take a look at some user queries and move on to the migration techniques.
Questions posed by Online Users:
“Hi, Can I get some clear instructions on how to export Entourage emails to Outlook Mac 2016. I do not have Outlook 2011 as suggested on the internet. Also, assume little technical knowledge as I am more of a casual user who simply want to switch to Outlook without losing my data. A cookbook set of instructions would be highly appreciated. Thank you”
“Greetings, Can anyone explain a method by which I can transfer Entourage emails from my Macbook to Outlook 2019 on my PC. I just started using Windows due to professional reasons and having everything set up in one system would be highly productive. So please help with the steps needed for this migration.”
Solution: There is no official solution left. So, you can either use the IMAP technique yourself or opt for an automated MBOX to PST tool to do the job for you. Let us start with the manual method first.
Manual Method to Export Entourage Emails to Outlook Mac
The manual technique requires you to set up an email account such as Gmail, in Entourage. Then, just copy your data into this email account folder and configure the same account in Outlook. Wait for the data to sync and voila, your Entourage emails are in Outlook. The proper steps to do so are as follows:
- Run Entourage on the Mac system.
- Click on Entourage from the menu bar and select Account Settings.
- Enter the email address (sample – [email protected]) and click the right arrow to continue.
- If the setup completes, simply “Finish” the steps. If an error occurs, don’t worry, it is completely normal. Simply follow the remaining steps.
- Enter you name, email address, username and password in the required fields and check the “save password” checkbox.
- Now, enter imap.gmail.com in Incoming server, choose IMAP option and input smtp.gmail.com in Outgoing server. Then click the right arrow to continue.
- Click on “Verify My Settings” button. After successful verification, click the right arrow button.
- Now, add a desired name in the Account name section and click Finish.
Note: Once the account is added, again go to Entourage > Account Settings, click advanced sending option and receiving option buttons and enable the “requires a secure connection (SSL)” option for error-free Entourage to Outlook operation.
- When the account is set up completely, create a folder in the IMAP account that appears on your Entourage application.
- Select the Entourage emails you want to migrate and drag and drop them into this new folder in IMAP account.
- Run Outlook for Mac.
- Go to the Outlook menu bar and select Preferences > Account.
- Click (+) sign > New Account.
- Input the same email address you used for IMAP account in Entourage and click Continue.
- Input the password and click Add Account.
- You may be asked to sign in again in the browser to authenticate the account.
- Click Done after authentication to start using Outlook for Mac.
- You will see all the emails of Entourege, then, drag and drop these emails in your original Outlook account.
This completes the migration process. If you are not technically strong to understand the steps and/or wish to avoid all the hassle, you can opt for the next solution. Doing this will even help you prevent any risk of losing or skipping data (that often happens) while transferring Entourage Mac to Outlook.
Professional Alternative to Export Entourage Emails to Outlook Mac
A professional software is generally an automated tool. It helps you perform Entourage to Outlook migration on Mac machine. It keeps the integrity of emails and all the inline body elements in its original format. There are several available in the market, but we will suggest using MBOX to PST Converter for Mac. It is a fast and effective tool that works on all latest Mac versions (10.8 & above). The working of the tool is given below:
I. First, extract the emails from Entourage by either dragging and dropping all the mailbox folders (Inbox, drafts, etc.) on your Mac desktop. Or do the following:
- Run Entourage, go to File > Export > Items to an Entourage archive.
- Select All Items and proceed with required steps to Finish the extraction process.
- Now right-click on the extracted Entourage file (.rge format) and select Show Package Contents.
- Copy all the .mbox files to a separate folder.
II. Use the tool:
- Run the converter and click Add Folder button.
- Select the folder that contains all the MBOX files of Entourage.
- Select PST format, apply optional filters and select the location to save Outlook PST file.
- Click Export button to start converting Entourage emails to Outlook PST.
III. Importing PST File in Mac Outlook:
- Run Outlook for Mac.
- Go to File from the menu bar and click Import.
- Select Outlook Data File, then click right arrow.
- Choose PST file type, then click right arrow.
- Browse the PST file that the software created earlier and then click Import.
- Once the import process completes, click Done.
The professional method is easy to perform, convenient to use and safe.
Users who wish to export Entourage emails to Outlook Mac are often bombarded with either the non-existent Office 2011 method or hypothetical techniques that never generate practical results. To resolve this technical jargon, we decided to include two methods that are fully operational. One can give you ok results with no pressure on your pockets while the other generates output without picking your brain or time. Use them as per requirement.