Just like Xerox became synonymous with photocopying, similarly, WordPress has become synonymous with website development. From big business brands to newbies everyone seems to be using WordPress. This has made it the most popular content management system. This popularity has lead to the need for PSD To WordPress conversion.
A website is the most important element of your digital presence. Therefore, a website is not just about design and content. It is also about how effective the technical backend job is to make it rank in the search engine. Therefore, it becomes even more imperative to move to WordPress.
WordPress as a platform has many features and is a very easy to use platform. Most of the tools and features can be self explored and tried easily. But if you are looking at PSD to WP conversion or are looking for quality support for your website, then it is better to choose a professional service.
That’s when WordPress Website Development Services come for your aid. These services can be taken by an agency or by freelancers who work on a project basis. As you embark on the journey of PSD To WordPress theme conversion, here is the process of the conversion that you need to know to ensure a smooth transition:
- The first step that happens in this transition is cutting down the PSD images. In other words, when you use photoshop, it contains the images of the website. Professionals would use editing software to cut these images. A word of caution, avoid the usage of too many images because it slows down the loading speed of the website.
- Once the images are converted, it is time to move to the technical aspect of the website. Depending on how you want the website to look like, you can have the website backend in HTML or CSS. There are tools like Dreamweaver that will make this journey easy and smooth.
- Once the HTML and CSS files are created and saved, it’s time to convert PSD to WordPress. This can be done using the PSD dashboard. WordPress follows a certain file structure which you need to know. Another reason why professional WordPress Website Development Services would be needed.
- Choosing the theme of your website is the next step. There are two popular WordPress themes i.e. index.php and the other is style.css. In addition to these popular themes, WordPress offers a gamut of theme options. To be able to choose the best, you need to know all the options, their usage and how they would benefit your website.
- Once the technical aspect is done i.e. once the code is fixed into the file, you must download the theme that you feel is the best and upload the theme using the hosting panel. You need to change the backend algorithms to ensure that this blend results exactly as you want.
- With theme set and tests, the second last step that makes your WordPress website ready is to infuse the tags. These tags and functionalities are the unseen soldiers that will ensure that your WordPress website does its job well. One tip that you need to know is that after infusing all the tags and functionalities you must save all the files under one folder which will be under your name. Once this last step is done, your website is ready for the launch.
The above-mentioned process is a very basic process that one must follow during PSD To WP conversion. However, the process would differ depending on your specification and website goal. If you are someone who has some technical knowledge, you would still feel that you could do this journey by yourself. However, the fact remains that most people do not have the technical understanding.
As you can see in the above process, it is loud and clear that this transition is not that simple as it looks. It does not just need thorough knowledge about the WordPress algorithm but also a complete understanding of website development and photoshop. Thus, you can achieve the following benefits by hiring WordPress Website Development Services:
- Impeccable coding: As the PSD To WordPress theme conversion calls for a good amount of technical scripting and backend work, hiring professional services would ensure that the backend work is done well. This is to ensure that there are no errors in the technical aspect. The technical aspect plays a key role in the functioning of the website.
- Smooth transition: When this transition happens, the files must be converted into WordPress format. This when done with a lack of knowledge can cause poor website performance etc. Therefore, it is very essential that this transition is done all smoothly and thoroughly.
- To make the website SEO friendly: Last but definitely the most important reason is to make the website SEO friendly. A website is a key source for any business’s online preference. It is also the main platform through which you can attract your possible customers and convert them. When you move from PSD to WordPress, you get a chance to improve your SEO. However, that is possible only when you hire professional services for your help.
The above benefits and process make it clear that you need professional support. Now the question comes how to find the best WordPress Website Development Services that will suit your requirement. However, the good news is that seeing the growing demand for WordPress usage, a lot of website developers have forayed into the market that helps you with this transition.
You can either do an online search or check around among your friends regarding the best possible service provider. However, before you set out for your technological transition, it is good you define your website goal. This makes it easy to find an apt service provider. Once you have the service providers, explain to them what they want and get to know what they are. This will help both parties understand and gauge whether you both are ready to work together.