Google is perhaps that most common search engine people use today for looking up practically everything they need, which is why it’s important for businesses to consider improving their search engine optimisation (SEO) strategies.
Building Google Search Engine Optimisation
Improving SEO in Google isn’t something that occurs overnight. In fact, it is a slow and steady process that requires a careful strategy so you’re not lost in the fray of businesses trying to reach the top. Earning Google’s trust is at the forefront of that strategy for consistent high rankings, so follow these golden rules for improving your search results.
Take a Healthy Link Profile Approach
Google needs to see that the links to your website are coming from healthy and diverse sources because this denotes authority. Consider these factors when taking a healthy link profile approach:
- Make sure all links don’t come from the same source of Google will view it with suspicion.
- Make sure the link is from a high-quality, respected website or Google may assume you’ve followed black-hat link building strategies and will ultimately penalise you.
- Make sure your links are being built regularly and steadily because sudden bursts of new links with relative inactivity in between will be viewed suspiciously.
Ensure Your Content Is Updated and Relevant
High-quality content is one of the most key components of good SEO building. Skimping on content can put your website at risk. Consider these factors:
- Update your content regularly with organically written pieces for readers, not for SEO.
- Ensure your content is free of errors and is unique because duplicate content can hurt your rankings.
- Focus on keywords and make sure you don’t overstuff them into your website.
- Write engaging pieces where readers spend more time consuming what you’re saying.
- Use videos and images to improve the reader experience.
Develop a Mobile-Friendly Website
People simply don’t have enough time today and spend most of their time browsing the Internet from the mobile phones. Without a mobile-friendly website, you will end up missing out on these searches, which can eventually hurt your rankings in Google. Consider these factors:
- Google has moved towards mobile-first indexing, which means that the bots now crawl through mobile versions before desktop versions of websites.
- Responsive content on mobile platforms should be similar to desktop websites.
- Avoid releasing broken or incomplete mobile websites because this will hurt your Google ranking – wait till the mobile version is finished before launching.
- High-ranking mobile websites should pay close attention to page speed, and should be faster than desktop websites – fix all errors that slow down mobile sites for the best results.
- Mobile websites should be accessible to Google bots without any difficulty.
You can check if your website is mobile friendly at the Google mobile test.
Effectively Use Social Media
Social media has never been more important for businesses than it is today, especially with the promise of increased interaction with users. Consider these factors:
- Promoting a business on social media allows users to share content and interact more frequently, which is viewed favourably by Google.
- More shares on social media allows a business to reach out to a wider, global audience – driving more traffic to the website for better search rankings.
- New information and content shared via social media has the power to boost engagement with a wider number of people on the Internet.
Localise Content for Better Optimisation
Local SEO has become a key component for businesses to consider when they want to improve their search rankings in Google. Consider these factors for better rankings via local SEO:
- List your website on local search directories which people frequently use because customers usually use local searches to identify businesses in their area.
- Local online directories have the highest conversion rates of all channels as they typically dominate the first page of Google.
- People don’t usually know the name of a business they are looking for, but have specific requirements that you can optimise for through local SEO for better positioning.
SEO in Google can make a huge impact on the bottom line of your business because it gives you a higher position in the most used search engine globally. Follow these golden rules in your effort to improve your search results in Google.