Dishwashers – once seen as luxury items reserved for wealthy households – have now become an integral part of day-to-day life, and most people cannot do without them.
The last thing you want is to come home after a hard day’s work to a pile of dirty dishes waiting to be washed. A high-quality dishwasher can make your life so much easier, but just like any other appliance; certain problems or breakdowns can arise from time to time.
Here are some signs that something is wrong with your dishwasher:
Your Dishes Fail To Get Clean
When dishes come out dirty after a round of washing, you’ll know immediately that something is wrong and your dishwasher needs repair. Some of the problems could be:
- Failure to stack dishes in the right manner.
- Overfilling the dishwasher beyond its recommended capacity.
- Lack of sufficient detergent.
- Clogged filter blocking seamless water streams.
- Water pipe not properly connected to your dishwasher.
If it’s one of the top three problems, then you simply need to make a few adjustments to the way you load your dishwasher and you could probably solve the issue. But if it’s a clogged filter or something more serious, then you will need to get a professional to repair it.
Lack Of Hot Water Immediately After A Wash
Hot water in a dishwasher ensures that your dishes are properly cleaned and sanitised every time you run the machine. If you think that the dishwasher is not producing hot water, perform the following actions:
- Load the dishwasher and run a cycle without overfilling it.
- Open the dishwasher door as soon as the washing cycle is complete.
- Test the temperature of the dishes inside the dishwasher.
If you take out dishes, they should still be hot to touch. If the dishes are cold, then it is likely that the water going through your dishwasher is not hot enough and your dishes are not properly cleaned. This means something is wrong with your dishwasher or home water heater. Either one of these products may be in need of repair.
Water Pools Up At The Bottom Of The Dishwasher
When you open your dishwasher and notice a pool of water at the bottom of the dishwasher, this is an indication of a problem and repairs may be needed.
Here are some reasons why water pools up at the bottom of your dishwasher:
- Food debris clogging up the drainage system.
- Pump strainer or drain hose has been damaged.
- Dishwasher is not performing its washing cycle accurately.
These problems need to be repaired by a specialist as soon as possible. Pooling water will not clean your dishes properly and may trigger mould growth.
Door Latch Is Broken On The Dishwasher
A broken door latch that does not latch properly in your dishwasher will prevent it from running. While some dishwashers may continue to run even if the door latch is broken, here are some issues that could arise:
- Dishes not washed properly.
- Water leaking from the dishwasher.
- Washing cycle doesn’t complete fully.
If you notice a door latch broken on your dishwasher, don’t ignore it. Make sure you get it fixed as soon as possible to ensure that your dishes are cleaned properly and hygienically.
Dishwasher Makes Unusual Noises While Running
While some sounds can be attributed to rattling dishes and silverware in your dishwasher, others could indicate a problem. For example, a hissing sound when the water is filling in the washer or a humming vibration when the water is draining is normal. But other sounds could be an indication of a problem:
- Loud creaking while dishwasher is running could indicate a pump problem.
- Straining sound could indicate an issue with the motor.
- Decreased spray pressure may cause sounds indicating an issue with the wash pump.
If you hear violent noises, something is definitely wrong with your dishwasher. Stop running it immediately and call a professional because you could end up doing more harm than good to your dishwasher.
Your dishwasher needs to run smoothly to ensure that dishes are properly cleaned. But every once in a while, these problems can occur which can make your life harder. If you notice any of these signs, then something is wrong with your dishwasher, so make sure you call a professional right away.
Talia loves all things fashion and beauty. She has dedicated many years of her life towards this industry and she has first hand experience with the best it has to offer. Contact: email@example.com