In June 2021, Python was the second most popular programming language. It saw a growth of 3.48% in adoption in the same month. Python development is perfect for complex applications while maintaining simple code. Do you know who uses Python? Giants like Google, Spotify, Instagram, Redditt, Netflix – amongst others.
Python would inevitably become the future of programming. Why? Because it has heavy applications in Machine Learning. 31% of developers use the language for ML solutions. On the other hand, a massive 50% of developers use it for data analytics.
Python reduces the total development time because of its built-in dictionary data structures. There’s no need to compile the code before runtime. Whether it’s a consumer-based app or enterprise solution – Python software development services can help with both.
Python development: Why it’s a yes for software solutions
First of all, no programming language is as diverse as Python. It enables building modern-day solutions with ease. Developers are still exploring the complete potential of end-to-end Python development services in different domains.
By domains, we mean FinTech, HealthTech, InsureTech, Cybersecurity, and more. These are New Economy domains, and Python has the power to serve all of them. Most of them require heavy computational capabilities. Python’s code is dynamic and robust – capable of handling massive traffic and heavy algorithmic functions.
Software development is multidimensional today. Enterprise software requires an interactive app with AI & ML capabilities. Consumer-based apps require data analytics to deliver a better user experience. Netflix, Trello, and Amazon are good examples of such apps. Python helps to build them with ease.
5 Reasons to use Python for software development
Python can do so many things that developers can’t find enough reasons to admire it. Python app development is not limited to web and mobile apps. It is highly scalable and wonderful for a wide variety of applications.
Here are 5 reasons to use Python for software development:-
#1 Dynamic frameworks
- Python is known for its tools and frameworks. There’s a framework for everything. Django is useful for building web apps, enterprise apps, scientific applications, and numerical computing. Flask is another web development framework without any dependencies.
- Web2Py, CherryPy, and Falcon offer powerful configurations to customize Python development services. Most of them are open-source frameworks that enable swift development.
#2 Easy to read and write
- Python has a simplified syntax – one that is similar to the English language. New developers on a project can easily understand where they stand in the project. The ease of writing enables rapid application development.
- The purpose of building Python, as said by its creator Guido Van Rossum, was to enable even amateur developers to understand the programming language. The speedy code writing also allows developers to make quick changes without getting confused in unnecessary details.
#3 Used by the best
- Okay – Python isn’t just another programming language. It must have something, which is why the industry leaders use it. And that too for multiple purposes. Programmers at Google use.
- Python to build system administration tools, binary data pusher, code review, testing & QA, and much more. Similarly, Netflix uses Python web development services for its recommendation engine and media player.
#4 Massive community support
- Python has an ever-growing community that provides tremendous support. From beginners to experts, there’s everyone in the community. There are plenty of tutorials, documentation, and guides available for Python web development solutions.
- Today, many colleges begin with Python, adding to the number of members in the community. Often, Python developers collaborate on different projects and help one another with algorithmic, functional, and application problem-solving.
#5 Advanced applications
- Python is the biggest contributor to data science, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence at any custom software development company. Its use cases in advanced applications are the biggest reason for its success. Python is the second most popular tool after R for data analytics.
- The ease of organizing, managing, and visualizing data through dynamic libraries makes it perfect for data-based applications. TensorFlow for neural networks and OpenCV for computer vision are two of Python’s most popular use cases for Machine learning applications.
The disadvantages of Python development
Not all is good with Python-based web development services. It has flaws that could present challenges to some companies and developers.
#1 Python is slow
- Companies looking to launch a rapid MVP should not look towards Python. The programming language is really slow. Since a lot of code is dynamically typed, it uses a lot of memory. It leads to a heavy amount of computing time.
- Developers also dislike the fact that Python can only execute one task at a time. Python makes sure that each variable has one datatype, and parallel processes will present challenges in that.
#2 Limited mobile apps
- Python offers limited functionality when it comes to building mobile applications. While there is a Kivy library to build mobile apps, not many companies use the programming language for mobile development.
- Developers must understand that Python was never built for mobile devices. There are other languages like React, Java, and Flutter for building mobile apps.
#3 Runtime errors
- This technicality is probably the most hated by developers. The code is not compiled first and executed later. Instead, the code compiles every time you execute. Therefore, all the errors occur at runtime, which leads to a lot of time consumption.
- It also leads to poor performance. Beginner developers have to really get acquainted with this and test their patience while compiling code in Python.
Python app development: yes or no?
Considering the advances in programming and technology, Python is a YES for a diverse range of applications. Game development, GUI development, ML & AI development, Enterprise & consumer apps – all of them utilize Python to its full extent.
The disadvantages of Python web development solutions are often ignored by developers and companies due to the benefits it provides. They prioritize quality over speed and robustness over errors. That’s why it makes sense to use Python for building the apps of tomorrow.