Ikea has made it possible for you to buy a range of home decorations and furnishings on a shoestring budget, which is fantastic. But the furniture comes pre-packed in boxes, which means that you will need to assemble every item you purchase on your own.
This can be frustrating for busy people with limited time to spare. The good news is that you can get professional or skilled furniture assemblers to do the job for you, without costing you a fortune.
What Is Professional Furniture Assembly?
With the rise of companies like Ikea, flat-pack or ready-to-assemble furniture have become popular in many households because of their cost effectiveness in comparison to custom-built pieces. This type of furniture is easy to transport and are provided as individual components that are shipped along with assembly instructions for buyers to follow.
This concept has now become mainstream. But since many people don’t have the skill to put furniture together on their own, there’s a demand in the market for a new kind of skill – professional furniture assembly. Professional furniture assembly, today, is a skill that has emerged to support the growth of flat-pack furniture in homes.
What Furniture Can An Assembler Help Build?
Ikea flat-pack products are designed for self-assembly, which is what helps you save a significant amount of money when you have to furnish your home. While every box comes with installation and assembly directions, it can be complicated for people who have no prior experience with this handy work. What kind of furniture can be assembled?
- Beds and bedside tables
- Office tables
- Couches and sofas
- Dining tables
- Office chairs
- Dressing tables
- Coffee and centre tables
Hundreds of skilled assemblers can help you put together your Ikea furniture without the frustration and stress that comes along with not knowing what you’re doing. From unpacking every item from the flat-pack box to bringing the right tools to putting together the whole item, furniture assemblers will take care of your needs to ensure your house or office looks stylishly furnished.
Why Choose A Furniture Assembler For Your Ikea Items?
Many homeowners think that they can do the furniture assembly on their own, but the time and effort it takes is often not worth it – especially when you can use your limited time more productively. Here’s why you should choose a furniture assembler for your Ikea items:
- Most furniture assemblers have done it before, so they know how to put together your furniture in the least possible time.
- Furniture assemblers have their own tools and equipment, which is perfect for people who are not handy around the house.
- Prices range on the amount of furniture you need assembled, but they are often well within your budget – allowing you to undertake other important tasks around your home.
- Furniture assemblers put together every piece safely and according to instructions, so you don’t have to worry about something coming undone while you’re on it.
If you’re looking to get quotes from furniture assemblers for your Ikea items, make sure you describe your needs in detail so that you can an accurate estimation of how much it will cost you.
How To Choose An Ikea Furniture Assembler?
Now that you’ve decided you need a furniture assembler for your Ikea items, it’s time to consider how you will choose the right person for the job. Consider the following:
- Find out how much experience the furniture assembler has with your specific needs.
- Get a quote based on what amount of assembly is needed for your home or office.
- Go to multiple furniture assemblers to get an estimation of how much you should pay for the tasks you require.
- Ask whether the assembler is available at times convenient to you – and not to them. This is especially important if you’re busy at work and have only a few days to spare in the week.
- Check whether the assemblers have their own set of tools and equipment or whether you will need to provide anything to them.
- Check how long the assembler expects to take with each item.
- Find out whether the assembler comes with any references that you can check with.
While price is an important consideration, you must keep in mind that it is not the only factor. Often, the cheapest quote may end up making a mess and will require you to re-do the job, which is completely futile. Make sure the furniture assembler is well versed in working with different Ikea models so that you know you’re leaving the job to the expert.