If you’re the kind of person that likes to express your opinion, then why not find a way to get paid to do it? Did you know that there are plenty of online survey sites in Australia that pay you to share your feedback? This could be the best way to make money online and an excellent way for you to make a little spare cash in your free time.
Paid online surveys allow you to share your feedback for money from the comfort of your home. The best part is that you can be part of the solution by simply providing your feedback and getting paid for it.
If you’ve done a survey before, you’ll know it isn’t too time consuming and reaps a great deal of benefits – you may get freebies, you may get vouchers and you’ll get paid.
Most surveys do have a specific target market, so you will need to put in details like your age, gender, shopping preferences and anything else relevant to the survey or brand.
Since brands can be quite specific with whom they are targeting, it’s important to understand that you may not be eligible for all surveys.
Best Australian online survey sites
The top websites that offer money for surveys are:
- Octopus Group
- Toluna Australia
- Pure Profile
- Valued Opinions
Here are the top online survey sites:
1) Octopus Group
Octopus Group is a great way to get paid for surveys online in Australia. The site offers an easy signup process with just a few minutes required to complete. Here are some things you should know about Octopus Group:
- The site claims to provide the best cash return for your time – double of what others offer in many cases.
- The site offers a ‘tell a friend’ reward where you can get up to $20 per friend you refer.
- The site claims that all profits stay in Australia.
- You can download the app to your phone so that you can be notified when a new survey is available to you. This allows you to respond quickly as there are only a set number of people required to respond to each survey.
Once you sign on, Octopus Group will start sending notifications for surveys so you can start sharing your feedback and earn cash. This site is one of the most attractive online paid survey sites n Australia, and is certainly worthwhile for people looking to make extra cash faster especially for those with lowest paying jobs.
Swagbucks members are rewarded with cash and free gift cards for things they do online. This popular rewards site is free to join so you can start reaping the benefits straight away. Here are some things you may want to know about Swagbucks:
- Swagbucks is not your typical paid survey site because they don’t just offer surveys for money.
- There are plenty of other activities that you can undertake on this website, including surf the Internet using their search tool, watch videos, shop and play games.
- You can earn points doing these activities and redeem for cash or gift vouchers later.
Swagbucks offers different opportunities to earn points for things you may already choose to do online anyway, which is why it’s a great choice for people looking to earn some extra cash.
3) Toluna Australia
Toluna is a popular survey site in Australia with a super easy process for signing up. The site even gives you 500 points to start with when you sign up. The site has a range of surveys for all kinds of brands so you have a raft of choices available to you. Here are some things to consider with Toluna:
- Toluna rewards you for your time spent on providing feedback for particular brands and products.
- Your rewards are given in the form of points that can be redeemed for different things including gadgets, holidays, gift cards and even cash.
- Once your points start to grow, you can cash in whatever reward you want whenever you want it.
- Most surveys on Toluna last between 15 and 20 minutes, and begin by ensuring you’re part of the target demographic before proceeding.
Toluna is a flexible online survey site that lets you decide what you want out of it. There’s always something for everyone, which is why it is a popular choice.
4) Pure Profile
With Pure Profile, users can build their profiles by filling out information about themselves and their lifestyles in more detail. According to the site, the more opinions shared, the more valuable a profile becomes. Here are some things you should know with Pure Profile:
- Pure Profile is a good choice for people looking for cash when undertaking a survey.
- There are plenty of Australian surveys available, which is why it is popular with the locals.
- The site is easy and quick to join and has a raft of good reviews.
- Members even have the option to connect their social accounts to Pure Profile so that relevant surveys can be shared with them for participation.
- Members in Australia can also redeem a minimum of $20 and a maximum of $30 for Hoyts movie vouchers.
- Members can even join groups that are built around common preferences. When placed in groups, you may be able to get more paid survey opportunities relevant to you.
Once your earnings reach $20, the site will pay you via a bank transfer or PayPal. You can get up to $70 in a period of 60 days.
MyView is a simple site to use and sign up to, which is why it is a popular choice for paid online surveys. Here are some things you should know about MyView:
- MyView is a forum where you can share your opinions on a range of brands – global and Australian. These opinions are fed right back to brands in order to make changes.
- For your time, you will be given MyView points. More surveys mean more points, which you will then get paid for.
- MyView is a straightforward site that only requires a few details and standard questions. You’ll then answer a few short surveys so that they can determine what best suits you.
- MyView offers a refer friends program where you can earn 500 points (worth $5) for any successful referral.
- Most members receive a minimum of one survey every month and an average of four but the number of surveys will depend on your profile.
- Points build quite fast on MyView as most surveys offer between 100 and 300 points.
With MyView, you’ll have a choice of products and vouchers to redeem when you earn enough points.
OpinionWorld is a paid survey website that works with over 3,000 companies across the world, which is why it is popular with those looking to make some extra cash. Here are some things you should know about OpinionWorld:
- Once you join OpinionWorld, you will be rewarded with points for every survey you complete.
- After you accumulate enough points to the minimum value of $10, you can redeem cash via PayPal or you can choose from an extensive range of vouchers.
- Once you’re a member, you’ll be invited to take surveys in return for money.
- Most of the surveys take about 15 minutes and are extremely easy to complete.
- Members need to complete some details on the join form before receiving an email to activate the account. Joining is completely free.
Members from Australia can access these paid surveys via their inbox or by logging into the site. Some of the topics the site covers include healthcare, consumer products, lifestyle, education and much more.
7) Valued Opinions
Valued Opinions is another popular site for Australians to earn extra money via paid online surveys. There are over 3 million members across the world. Here are some things you should know about Valued Opinions:
- The site pays $5 for each paid survey completed.
- Credit can be redeemed for gift vouchers from some of the top Australian retailers including Bunnings, Coles, Woolworths, Officeworks and plenty more.
- Members have to fill out a registration form and activate their accounts to get started with surveys online.
- Valued Opinions is trusted by several big brands and organisations across the world in order to find out what people like you think.
- The site is known to be extremely transparent – every survey indicates how much you will earn and the duration.
Once you accrue $20, you can redeem a gift card for that amount. As a member, you’ll receive invitations when surveys are available to you. You can even review ad campaigns and test new products through Valued Opinions, which is a nice alternative.
When you get on to any of these sites, you will first need to register your details before you start getting survey invitations. Before you quit your day job, it’s important to keep in mind that these survey sites serve as a good way to earn extra cash – but they cannot replace your main income.