Have you started planning your 2021 content marketing strategy in Australia?
It’s time to ensure that in 2021, you don’t create content for just the sake of doing it. Instead, you should create content that can help you attract the right audience, drive targeted traffic, and increase conversions.
In this post, I’ll share a few effective content marketing tactics that you can include in your 2021 strategy to succeed.
Excited to discover what they are?
Well, here are five strategies you can use to achieve content marketing success:
1. Analyze the effectiveness of your 2020 content marketing efforts
Given the unique position that 2020 has put marketers in, it has become more important than ever to find out what worked for you and what didn’t. You should use Google Analytics or other third-party analytics tools to identify your:
- Top-performing content
- Traffic sources
- User behavior on your site
- Time spent on various pages
- Keyword rankings
Then, use the insights you get to focus more on tactics that worked, improve those that didn’t deliver good results, and drop those that failed.
You should also conduct a competitor analysis to find out which traffic sources, backlinks, and content types have worked the best for them.
2. Incorporate optimized visuals
In 2021, the visuals you use should do more than make your target audience stop scrolling through their social feeds. They should also help you connect with consumers and achieve your content marketing goals.
But how can you effectively use visuals to connect with your target audience?
- Create bite-sized information that your target audience can easily absorb and remember. For example, besides writing a blog post explaining how your product works, present the information using an infographic or a video.
- Use visuals on social media to drive conversations, share brand stories, and grow a community around your brand. You can share memes, GIFs, flyers, posters, illustrations, and live streams to engage users.
- Add non-intrusive pop-ups that encourage users to sign up for your newsletters, tools, etc.
- Plan a consistent theme and aesthetics for your branded visuals. This will help ensure that your audience can identify your content regardless of the channel they use.
- Share explainer and demo videos to showcase how your company works, how customers can use your products, etc.
- Include product reviews and unboxing videos from influencers and happy customers in your content marketing strategy.
- Use user-generated visuals and testimonials to showcase the benefits of choosing your company and products.
- Incorporate visuals into your blog posts and include clear metadata.
3. Create content that builds trust
When you build trust with your audience, you increase the chances of them buying from you first and becoming your brand advocates.
And how can you use content to build trust?
Don’t be all promotional. Instead, create content that educates your audience and teaches them how to use your products.
You should use content to retain existing customers.
While it’s a good practice to create content that helps you generate new leads, you should also focus on retaining customers and encouraging repeat purchases. You should keep your existing customers happy by continuing to meet their needs and offering exceptional experiences.
This way, you can keep them connected with your brand and build authority and trust.
But how can you nurture your relationships with your customers?
- Run an advocacy program.
- Offer them coupons and daily deals.
- Create exclusivity by creating a club for customers who make repeat purchases and make sure that others can’t access it. You can also give them access to features that are still in the beta version.
- Create loyalty programs.
- Send them newsletters to inform them about new product launches, discounts, etc.
- Offer referral bonuses to customers who recommend your products to friends.
- Send them personalized product recommendations based on their previous purchases and site behavior.
- Use retargeting campaigns to bring them back to your site.
4. Leverage digital marketing
According to research, site visits to the top 2000 North American ecommerce sites increased by 125% on average from March to June 2020. It’s also projected that in 2020, ecommerce sales in the US will hit $709.78 billion.
The majority of people have opted to shop online and remain safe. On the other hand, the majority of the brick-and-mortar stores have now moved their businesses online.
What does this change in the economy mean for your business?
You need to keep up with the changing trends to cut through the noise and reach your consumers. Some of the changes you can implement include:
Personalized ecommerce experiences
You should deliver personalized experiences by providing your website visitors with content, offers, and recommendations based on their demographics and previous interactions.
You can use a tracking tool to access data about your buyers and website visitors. You also need to write descriptions of your product in a way that convinces visitors to convert.
You should sell products directly on social media using Instagram Shops and Facebook Shops. This way, customers won’t have to leave the social app to complete the checkout process.
You should create engaging content for your social media posts or partner with an influencer to endorse your products and increase your reach.
You should leverage 360-degree product images that let visitors view the product from various angles. You can also use creative animations, augmented reality (AR), and virtual reality to increase sales.
Live streaming videos
You can use live streams to showcase your product from different angles and make sure that your live videos are shareable on social media.
Additionally, Australians are sports lovers so you can share them on your sports blog and get good engagement for your website.
Most importantly, you can have a person showcase the product in use for your live audience to make the experience more humane.
5. Leverage conversational marketing
Conversational marketing can help you move buyers through the purchase funnel using one-at-a-time questions or conversations.
But how can you use conversational marketing?
You should use intelligent chatbots to start and continue conversations with your website visitors. Instead of asking visitors to fill out forms and wait for a follow-up call or email, use bots to move them down the funnel.
You can use conversational chatbots to initiate conversations and send targeted messages to those who seem to be interested in buying your products.
And the best part about using intelligent chatbots?
They are available 24/7 and can help you qualify leads in real-time.
If you build a conversational bot to answer all common questions that consumers may ask, it can help speed up the sales process.
The bot can also ask questions that provide you with more data about your site visitors. This action will help you engage your prospects and capture leads to generate more sales.
Are You Ready to Win More Business with Content Marketing?
Although the pandemic has changed consumer behavior, they still value content that helps them solve problems and meet their needs.
In 2021, you need to rethink your messaging and keep up with content marketing trends. This way, you can update your marketing strategies to meet consumer needs while also making it easier for them to access your products.
Need help creating your 2021 content marketing strategy? Get in touch and I can offer customized tactics that suit your business.